Research shows that the amount of water in the average adult human body ranges from 50-75%. Water helps our bodies perform many actions in order to function daily. When it comes to working out it’s important to hydrate your body because as you exercise you’re sweating out all of the water that was in your body. By hydrating properly you’re able to put that water back in your body.
Drinking water is important not just when you’re working out, but really at any point and time. It can be difficult to drink water throughout the day when you’re busy at work or school. Often times people choose to not drink a lot of water due to not wanting to have to go to the bathroom 10 times a day. Below are some tips that I use to get the right amount of water intake that I need daily.
For starters you have to know how many ounces you need daily; I take my body weight multiplied by 2/3 and the answer is how many ounces that I have to drink each day.
1. Set a timer on your phone to drink 1/4 of the amount of ounces you need a day
2. Label a gallon of water with motivational quotes, so you drink a certain amount each hour
3. Download a water app from the Apple Store, which allows you to log your water intake daily
4. Make it a competition with your friends of who can reach their goal of daily water intake
5. Buy a cute water bottle that you’ll want to constantly fill up at work or school, so DRINK UP!!!!!