Happy TUESDAY! I hope everyone’s week started off well with exercise and healthy food! Today I decided to tackle another “fad” topic I’m sure you all have heard about. Maiah is back with another #NutritionTalkTuesday topic is ALKALINE WATER! Staying hydrated is hard enough, but now you’ve gotta pick the best water! I know, it’s a lot, that’s why I’m going to break down the benefits of ALKALINE WATER so you can make the informed decision of tap water, bottled water(save the planet) or ALKALINE WATER.
– pH is short for Potential Hydrogen, the pH scaled goes from 0-Acidic to 14-Basic.
– The lower the number the more acidic and oxygen deprived the fluid is
– The higher the number the more *ALKALINE* and oxygen rich the fluid is
You can decided what type of fluid you want in your body
1. WEIGHT LOSS- studies showed that drinking alkaline water hydrates you more which may increase metabolic rate
2. DETOX- helps the body rid itself of toxins and heavy metals. Also raises pH of urine causing kidneys to work at more efficient rate while filtering them out
3. BONE HEALTH- Alkaline water helps reduce bone loss (women 👀) and is even in the process of being studied for long term use OVER bone less medication
4. ENERGY- like I stated before, most fatigue comes from hydration. That after lunch slump comes from the massive amount of water need to digest your lunch. Drinking alkaline water can keep your hydrated all day and kick the fatigue
5. HEART HEALTH- if heart diseases runs in your family, magnesium is a great supplement. The alkalinity increases protection to your arteries while being a great source of magnesium
6. DIGESTIVE HEALTH- alkaline water increases the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract improving digestive issues over time
Are you sold?
WHERE TO GET IT?
– you can make your own alkaline water by starting with distilled water and adding pH drops
– Adding lemon or like juice to water makes it more alkaline
– Whole Foods has an entire alkaline water dispenser
– Just please don’t buy bottle after bottle, save the planet!
Thanks for reading! Questions or comments, leave them below and get hydrated!